£5,346 raised by 123 funders!
We made it happen!
Latest funders ...
- Southwark, Greater London
- About the space
- Glass-fronted unit in the middle of Blue Anchor Lane
Southwark Council (Support indicated)
Project Verifier More information Verifiers are organisations that use their expertise to review project proposals on behalf of potential funders and the wider community. They help to ensure projects are viable before they start raising money.
Contractor More information The people or organisations responsible for building or installing the project.
Express Electricians (confirmed)
Hello! We are Vulpes Vulpes - an artist-led group looking for help with the startup costs of our new not-for-profit project space in Bermondsey.
After years of working with temporary spaces, being moved out to make way for new developments, we are excited to have found a long term project space. A permanent, more secure site for our gallery will give us the opportunity to integrate ourselves into the local community, and to achieve an exciting and worthwhile exhibitions and events programme.
We have spent four years working voluntarily - organising and curating 26 exhibitions, showing over 140 artists. We seek to create a platform for emerging artists, encouraging them to engage with the area; its history, architecture and community. Our programme will include talks and seminars, children's workshops and screenings which are free and open to all. The project is managed and run collectively by a team of four artists.
What we'll do:
- Install lighting in the gallery space
- Buy tools, paint, timber and wooden boards - to build walls, furniture, and a wheelchair ramp
- Carry out renovations to create a suitable environment to work in
- Make a garden in the yard
- Buy a projector for screenings and artist films
Why it's a great idea:
We hope the project will benefit the local and wider community, and provide support for emerging artists. Help with the start up of the new space will enable us to create an exciting exhibition programme and organise free events open to all. We hope to set up an extensive education programme, building relationships with local schools, businesses and community groups as well as other artists.
How we'll get it done:
- As a small voluntary team we will carry out as much of the work as possible ourselves
- We will employ an electrician and a carpenter for specialist jobs.
Post a Message to Vulpes Vulpes New Space
Show your support! Got questions for Vulpes Vulpes? Post them here and get an answer!